Eagle Academy’s method of fostering a culture of academic and vocational support includes:
Partnership with the Achievement Network
- Improved staff analysis of student performance data.
- Targeted priority standards in re-teaching plans.
- Re-assessment of students to gauge mastery.
- 45 minutes of small group after-school tutoring three times a week from classroom teachers.
- Tutoring aligned to skills and standards in need of development.
- High attendance rates.
- Train and support teachers with targeted ELA skills including short-response writing strategies, teacher modeling, integration of DC-CAS aligned question stems into instruction, and short text analysis.
- Eagle staff and students benefitted from coaches: 1 STEM and 6 instructional.
Full 3rd Grade Co-Teaching
- All 3rd-grade classrooms had two teachers working with students full-time.
- Two classrooms contained UTC (Urban Teacher Center) residents and the other was in ITT (Integrated Team Teaching) class.
- Teachers received training on highly effective co-teaching strategies and differentiating their instruction for each learner.
Allocating Significant Resources for Students with IEPs
- Allocated personnel and resources to provide students with IEPs with an ITT class, a full-time OT/PT provider, 2 school psychologists, and 2 speech and language therapists.
- Eagle’s students and staff in every classroom utilized an array of technological resources to support and enhance learning including Lexia, iXL, iPads, Smartboards and Promethean boards.