Eagle Academy Public Charter School’s mission is to build the foundation for a promising future for all students in a rich, robust learning environment that fosters creativity, problem-solving abilities, emphasizing cognitive, social and emotional growth by engaging children as active learners.
Eagle Academy Public Charter School students become confident individuals with positive self-esteem. They will be respectful, effective communicators; creative problem solvers; critical, reflective thinkers; self-directed life long learners; and users of current technology. In our vision, ALL students will develop a strong foundation for continual learning by working to high standards and expectations for achievement. Accountability will be shared between parents, educators and the students themselves. Our school will provide students with a safe and secure learning environment where they will take advantage of a wide variety of resources and learning strategies.
Eagle Academy Public Charter School, a culturally sensitive Early Childhood Learning Community, believes the following:
- We believe each classroom setting serves as a provocative learning environment to promote learning experiences that provides awe and wonderment for the young learner.
- We believe promoting language acquisition and literacy development through the use of developmentally appropriate practices is a critical component of the early learning years.
- We believe new discoveries are planned with intentionality for students to be independent, critical thinkers developing at their own pace.
- We believe stakeholders must be committed to social competence, emotional well-being, and individual cognitive growth of all students to achieve and exceed District of Columbia Office of State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) Early Childhood Standards.
- We believe students learn at high levels through hands-on, creative and imaginative learning opportunities while building a sense of joy for life-long-learning.
- We believe a carefully constructed bridge between school and home encourages and invites parents/guardians to be partners in the education of their child.
- We believe professional development, training and reflective practices build a common language and a deeper understanding of the teaching and learning process for the faculty and lead to improved academic and social outcomes for students.